So I might have mentioned in my photography post that it was my second favorite hobby. I didn’t mention the first one. Well here it is, cooking. I’ve always loved cooking, I remember back when I was 11 and my dad used to cook some traditional chicken every sunday, I used to be the sous chef there (I actually did nothing but my dad used to ask me stuff to make me feel better, lol). As I grew up I started taking my chances at other various cooking stuff and have even come up with some of my little twists and recipes. So here is my first food post, my take on a simple chocolate cake.
Everyone loves a decent chocolate cake, with some choc cream on top covered with some good chocolate fondant. In my recipe of chocolate cake, it’s not actually a chocolate cake. It’s a vanilla cake with the inside of some melted chocolate and some choc bars and some cool marble effect on top.
What makes it different from other chocolate cake?
Sometimes chocolate can get a little fuzzy and might not be liked by many. So this cake is actually suitable for even someone who doesn’t like chocolate. It has a decent amount of chocolate coupled with the flavor of vanilla and some little chunks of chocolate bars coming in your mouth.
So now what’s the twist in the recipe? The recipe is mostly same as it’s of a normal cake. Create batter for a basic cake first and then follow the steps:
- Divide the batter in 1:4 ratio.
- Add chocolate mix in the smaller part and add vanilla essence in the larger part of the cake.
- Take a cake tin and add 3/5th of the vanilla cake first.
- Bake it at 200 degree for 5 mins.
- Now take a good quality milk chocolate bar and break it into pieces.
- After 5 mins take the cake out then add the chocolate pieces.
- Now add the remaining vanilla cake batter on to it.
- Now take the chocolate cake mixture and drizzle it on the top and use a spoon to create some texture with chocolate.
- Now put it back in the oven and bake at 200 degree for 40 mins.
After 40 mins, take the cake out and let it settle for 10 mins and then remove it from the cake tin. Add some icing sugar and chopped strawberries to it.
And your cake is ready!
Really simple recipe with a tiny twist but it really changes the way your cake tastes.
Do try and tell me how it worked.