So time for my second food blog post. This time its a pasta. I don’t have a name for it, let’s call it “The Magic Pasta“.
Now it’s a fairly simple pasta recipe and I don’t actually remember the quantity of ingredients I added, coz I keep adding stuff on my liking.
- 200gms Macaroni pasta (or any of your choice, this recipe doesn’t require any specific pasta shape)
- Chopped onions x1
- Chopped tomatoes x1
- Tomato sauce
- Chilli flakes
- Chopped Spinach
- 1 packet Maggie Masala-e-magic (This is a mixture of various spices)
- Grated Parmesan
- Grated Mozzarella
- Mustard sauce
- Sliced Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Boil the pasta for 8 mins, al dente and drain it and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and add olive oil. Once the oil is heated add chopped onions. Cook it until onions get golden. Now add the chopped tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes dissolve.
- Add little bit of tomato sauce. (Here you can add a few garlic pieces too) Add oregano and chilli flakes. Here I leave the quantity to you guys. I like spicy so I add couple of chilly flakes.
- Add the pasta and stir it so it gets completely coated with the sauce.
- Now empty the packet of masala-e-magic. Remember do NOT add any salt because oregano and the masala-e-magic contain salt.
- Add 1 tsp of soy sauce to give some color.
- Add 1 tsp of vinegar. It’s actually not required but it gives a little tangy flavour.
- Add chopped spinach.
- Now add the grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese. again quantity of the cheese is upto you, I add lots and lots of cheese.
- Remove from heat.
- Deep fry some sliced potatoes. Sprinkle some salt over them.
While serving you can add some drops of mustard sauce but not too much coz American Mustard is very strong. Add the deep fried potatoes and enjoy them with every bite of pasta.
So that’s the recipe, do try and tell me.
Hope you like it. 🙂
(I’ll soon post another recipe where I created some delicious Indian flavors using the most common items found in the kitchen.)