Hey everyone! So today I’m sharing a very interesting, delicious and easy snack recipe. This is onion and potato pakora (fritter)
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 sliced potatoes
- Gram flour
- Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies chopped
- Peel off the onion and potatoes. and slice them into small pieces. Not really small though.
- Take a bowl, add 5 tablespoons of gram flour, add chopped onions, 1 tsp red chilli powder, salt to taste, coriander chopped, a pinch of asafoetida and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Mix it all. Add water and create a thick paste.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it. I’ve used Refined oil. Once oil is heated, using your four fingers grab a scoop of the paste and gently let it fall in the oil. This will create pakora’s. Add couple of them in the pan.
- Once they are brown flip them over.
- Once they are golden brown from both sides take them out on a plate with paper to soak up oil.
- Repeat the same process with potatoes and make potato pakora’s and/or you can mix them both too.
They are best served with a nice cup of tea, a comfy chair and balcony and drizzling rain. haha! Poetic much?
But ya here in India it’s a very common and famous monsoon snack. Try it!
Have a nice day. 🙂